Skip to content

Damn that volcano!

April 19, 2010

I’m not immune to the no-fly problem.

Sue and I should have flown out to Malta on Friday for a week’s R&R but, of course, we’re still at home.

Still, the weather has been good and I’ve got lots of odd jobs done. The tour company says they can re-book us for 2 weeks’ time but I’m waiting for confirmation before I re-book the cattery and airport parking.

It’ll cost about £200 more but, coincidentally, that’s what I’ve been told we can claim on our insurance. Again, I’ll wait for confirmation on that!

A downside is I may not have any work for this week and, if I don’t work, I don’t get paid. That would be  another added cost of this volcanic ash-induced flight ban.

How about you, readers? Any stories you’d like published here?

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: